16 January 2006

The Sports Championship Trifecta


Wow! That's all I'll say. After years, and I do mean years, of cheering for the old nags, my teams are pulling together this year. First the ChiSox pull of the World Series. Got the sports blood in me flowing. When we were up in PA, I went through all my old stuff and brought down a few artifacts from my days as a huge Frank Thomas/Robin Ventura fan. Now the Seahawks march toward the NFC Championship game. Again, I pulled out all my artifacts ("Stevie Largent--what a good receiver!") and took some pictures. Apologies to my father-in-law for the win over his Skins. Of course we play Carolina this week. Not that I'm worried about the team, but I LIVE in Carolina and work with some pretty big fans. Makes for a long week. Be interesting to see the Hawks meet the 'Stillers.' I guess we'd be making a Pittsburgh road trip for a Super Bowl party!

Now the Canes have the best record in the NHL. We actually go to a game Thursday night, then we'll head to DC Friday and I'll attend the Caps-Canes game. My Canes jersey and Seahawks hat will probably get me mugged, but that's alright.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting sports read...heard it all before, though.