19 May 2006

Twas the night before the Eastern Conference Finals...


and all through my belly...
one could only hear the butterflies
rolling around like they were in a jar of jelly.

my jersey was hung by the door with care,
waiting for tomorrow when Robin would stop here...

we'll go to the RBC Center for a sausage and beer...
then into the bedlam to here the great cheer...

we'll see Staal down the ice in a flash...
Ward check a Sabre into the boards with a mash...

When what to my wondering eyes should appear...
The red light behind Miller, and his eyes wide like a deer...

I knew in a moment we'd hear Ric Flair...
Woooo....wooooo.....wooooo....wooooo....

I heard the Canes chant, as they slipped out of sight...
Merry Hockey dear Caniacs, we have a few more games in this fight!

LET'S GO HURRICANES!! LET'S GO HURRICANES!!!

1 comment:

~Robin said...

Finally read your "beautiful" poem. Sorry Robin Was late that day...but what a series.

Go Canes.