28 December 2009

Christmas Rush is Gone...

Yup, another Christmas come and gone. Of course, our tree is still up, I am still turning the lights on every night, and the Christmas music continues. I guess we'll stop all that by New Year's. I am just not quite ready to stop it yet.
--
Enjoyed a nice time in Pennsylvania. Kerry and I, the fools that we are, went for a quite chilly, 7 degree run, on Christmas Eve. Brrrr! Both of us almost took a spill twice, but all turned out well. I think my fingers will thaw out by June. We went to Christmas Eve service with my grandma and the highlight, besides my girls being AWESOME, was when, during the candlelight portion, Myra blows her candle out and yells, 'Mommy, look what I did.' Makes me laugh!
--
Christmas Day we did the traditional New Florence and Pittsburgh trip. While exhausting, we throughly enjoyed seeing pretty much all the family. And of course, lots of delicious, yummy food--including my Granny's rigatonis!!!! The trip home took forever, due to I-95 traffic, but we made it, and Santa did indeed still stop! He brought Lucy's 'gift' this year--the Super Fast Crawling Baby.
--
Yesterday, after my 8 mile run (Marathon training has officially started!), we went to the Flanigans. Mark, Christy, Aidan, and Maeve flew in, so we spent the day with them and Aunt Shannon and others. Fun time! Today we plan to meet them at Blue Jay Point.

No comments: