11 July 2010

Loss of Someone Special


All time record for me--11 days into a month without a post. Shows you how busy we've been. A little over a week ago my paternal grandmother finally lost her fight and joined my pap on the other side. She went to the hospital in the Spring, with a back needing surgery (where have we heard this before) and just never made it back. Very sad, but we definitely understand her sadness from losing Grandpap, her life partner for so long.
--
My gram holds a special place in my life. She helped teach me to read, supported me in my path into education, and provide me with so much advice that helped me in making all the difficult decisions in my life. I really am blessed to have had all 4 grandparents into my 30s, a rare thing these days.
--
We went up to PA last weekend for the memorial service. I was honored to to be asked to speak again, and did an ok job, focusing on that wise advice, 'God never closes a door without opening a window.' My sister did a knock down job as well. We loved the girls spending so much times with our family too...not the best reason to be up there, but glad to enjoy it somewhat.
--
I chose this picture to post. I believe I was 3 or 4 when taken, long since to bed on a Christmas Eve. I guess according to the rumors, everyone apparent overdid the eggnog, except my grandparents (although it looks a little different), but you can see so much love in them. Makes me smile.

No comments: