08 April 2006

A scary thought...

I went for a nice, long run today. A six miler, down the Greenway, out to Durant, back Falls of Neuse, and aroud Bedford. A little sluggish earlier, then I began to run harder. Hamstrings bothered me early, but that went away too. My point of this run, however, is something quite disturbing. Maybe, since I was listening to Stephen King's new book, Cell, maybe not. Every runner/walker/biker has an mp3 player these days. After the recent news about earbuds damaging your hearing, I thought it was pretty amazing that so many people still use them. And use them loudly. Even with my music up at a reasonably loud level, I could still hear his music. How loud must it be in his head? Unbelievable. Like the story in Cell, with everyone going crazy or becoming large bugs, our heads will just explode.
---
My Hurricanes continue to do amazing! Playoff tickets for round one went on sale today. We picked up 2 for the first game. We actually also picked up cable, so I can watch all the playoff games. How different a child effects your personal life. I spent over $500.00 in the Cup Run, now, I only buy tix to one game. Definitely worth it though--I love my Lucy!

No comments: