29 April 2007

Movin' Forward...

Hard to believe May is only a few days away. Time continues to speed on by! With May, come new decisions. Kerry and I actually went out to lunch yesterday (thanks for babysitting, Grammie!) and came to a few decisions. The first, and perhaps most time consuming is that I decided to run the City of Oaks Marathon. After about five years, Raleigh finally will host a marathon again. This will go throughout Downtown, NC State, and Umstead State Park. If you remember, Kerry and I ran a half-marathon through Umstead, and it kicked our you know whats! (-: So I decided to try the marathon through it. Kerry really wants to do the Marine Corps next year, so this way my chance. I'll update you on my progress!
---
To coincide with that, I decided to try Atkins once again. When training for the Kiawah Island Marathon (way back in 02), I spent the summer on the carb-free diet, and I believe it really helped. I'll shed a few pounds (30 hopefully!) and build muscle for the marathon. I think, considering Lucy and some other things, this will be easier to stick with long term. We'll keep you posted on that as well!!

No comments: