03 July 2007

Today (or actually Tomorrow) We Celebrate Our Independence...

July 4th--the traditional middle of summer. We have been enjoying the recent coolness in Raleigh. The past two days' highs were 84 and 87 respectively. That just does not happen in Raleigh in July. This morning I actually shivered on the way into the office (65 degrees). The girls and I spend a fun day together last week. We stopped at my office, then went to the Natural Science Museum. Tomorrow we may visit Wake Forest for a parade.
---
The marathon training goes well. I run 8.5 miles out in Umstead State Park on Saturday. About 6 of the miles followed the 'actual' marathon course. Pretty tough--some long, steady hills. I continue to get excited about it though. My right calf is a little tight and sore, so I will try to move it around gingerly and see if it can heal some. Figures I would finally get an injury after years of no running...
---
And the big news--NANA FLIES DOWN ON SATURDAY! We're so excited!

No comments: