21 October 2007

Two Weeks and Counting...

City of Oaks Marathon
until the City of Oaks Marathon. Today was my last 'long' run--a ten miler. Unfortunately it happened after a long night with Myra, but overall it was a pretty good run. It will probably be my last Falls Lake Trail run for awhile, but what a beautiful trail. I spent a lot of time on it this summer. Especially now, with the leaves down, giving additional padding, I really enjoyed that run!
---
So, why did Myra give us a long night? Well, to correct myself, she gave me a long night. Kerry participated in the Flangian girls trip to Wrightsville Beach. She left at 6 Saturday morning and returned around 10ish this morning. And I made it through the weekend with the girls! We actually had a lot of fun--we went out shopping (BJs, Running Store, and Borders), then went to the park in the afternoon. Lucy goes down all the slides by herself now! What a big girl!! Jumpin' Beans did a lot for her confidence! Anyway, Myra did well throughout the day, but I think last night she just grew tired about taking a feeding from the bottle and from me. We had many 'scream-fests,' but we made it. My run actually turned out pretty well. Although, I think I will lobby Nana to fly down next year!

No comments: