18 October 2007

We Got Rain!

I have never seen such commotion. I went in to work early this morning (early as in leaving at 5:55). I like to do that sometimes so I have the office to myself. I can catch up on my podcasts, get comfy, and work. Today, it stayed pretty dark right through the early morning. Around 10, I began to hear something, looked out my 5th floor window, and saw RAIN! Now, considering the severe drought, I quickly called my co-workers. They rushed to my window in an excited commotion. After staring for a few moments, we returned to work until a phone call interrupted my thoughts. I heard our administrative assistant say, 'Yes, it's raining here too!' Only in Raleigh can we get so excited for rain!
---
Went to the NC State Fair on Monday. The crowds were smaller, but there were still a large number of folks. I enjoyed sharing this with my girls: the games (we won three prizes, including a COOKIE MONSTER!), the PBS tent, rides, and of course the carnies! In the words of my wife, 'The fair brings out all types of folks, huh!'

No comments: