12 February 2006

An Olympic Sized Edition...


It seems I've been a bit lax of late in my postings. With the marathon road trip last week, I've been trying to catch up on sleep and rest, but we're back at it now!
---
Olympics have begun. Until this evening, I did not pay much attention. I usually don't until the NHL takes its sabbatical. Now with the Canes winning this evening, K and I are sacked out on the couches watching luge, snowboarding, and ski jumping. Some observations:

1. What is with the men's snowboarding uniforms? Ok, yes, I recognize the average participant's age is probably 20, but do they really need to wear skate boy outfits? I would think those loose fitting outfits would hinder their efforts too. And I guess it must be a pre-requisite that you have long hair.

2. NBC (and the networks) have TERRIBLE coverage. Yes, I can understand trying to prolong viewership, but it is SO annoying to really get into an event, like we did with snowboarding tonight, then they switch to luge. I hate tape delay.

3. Why do host countries think they must provide an 'artistic interpretation' to the opening ceremonies. These are sports. Athletes participate and we watch. None of us with our low intelligence know anything about art, so why put them on. To me, the excitement came from watching to see if the little sparks would run into anyone else and put the whole thing up in flames.

---
Ok, my Seahawks lost. Complain about the refs until you're blue in the face, but we didn't get it done. The game was fun to watch on the HDTV at my uncle's. The party was great too. As you can see, Lucy enjoyed herself with all my cousins! And they enjoyed her. The trip home was tough though. We came straight on the Turnpike from Monroeville and ran into a major whiteout over Somerset Mountain. While, I did. Lucy and Kerry were sacked out. Definitely would not have missed it. We'll get 'em next year!

No comments: