26 February 2006

February Leaving Like a Lion


Whew! Tried to run this morning, around 7:30. It was about 32, so I didn't think it would be too bad. Wrong! Once that wind began, it tore right through me. I hadn't cut short a run in months, but I sure did this morning.
---
Olympics end tonight. )-: NBC will probably grin that they finish. I guess the ratings were less than stellar. When American Idol almost doubles up the number of viewers, it might be time for them to quit those 'people pieces.' How frustrating to begin watching something, like the Snowboard Cross, to really become engrossed by it, then NBC switches to ICE DANCING. Nothing against ice dancing, it's a real nice display, but I want to watch the Cross. One thing the network did right was showing USA Hockey (Men's and Women's) in its entirety, commercial free. Probably only to capitalize on NHL hockey after the Olympics.
---
Speaking of Men's Hockey--Mike 'Crybaby' Modano became the latest posterboy to show why the rest of the world hates the USA. I only hope most people out there know not all of us feel the same way he does. I do agree with him--they never never never should have taken all those slow slow players. Makes me happy that Lavi and Cole, along with Hedican did so well. Hopefully that will give them a good boost as the begin their quest for the Cup!

No comments: