18 June 2006

And So We Come to a Game Seven...


Would not have thought my Game Seven ticket I bought on a whim would come in handy. I surely thought we would end it in Game Five, then definitely in Edmonton in Game Six. Alas, we head to a Game Seven tomorrow. Unfortunately we're a team on the ropes. We're tired. We're injured. We're struggling right now. Cole came back to add a spark, but seemed hesistant at times and did not crash the net like we're used to him doing. Hopefully it was timing, and he fixed that for tomorrow night. I'll be there doing my best to cheer them on.
---
Heading from Sunset Beach, NC (IMPACT Conference) to Raleigh for Game Five was quite the experience. I drove I-40 through what was then Tropical Storm Alberto. Rain was pretty hard, but nothing like the 7.5 inches Raleigh received. Crabtree Creek flooded, as usual, and Crabtree Valley Mall closed. I read in today's N&O that the Mall is built in a flood plain. Genius developers and genius city councilmen.

No comments: