09 November 2008

So I'm Back to Amarok...

Amarok t-shirt
These iRiver players are about to be the death of me. Just when I think I fine-tuned everything, I decide I want to change things up. On my iRiver Clix, I used Rhythmbox in Ubuntu to download my podcasts, then gnomad to organize my song lists and transfer music to the Clix. Yes, it took an extra step, but it worked. Unlike my iRiver E100, which I dual boot into Windows to make work. So this weekend, as I finally repaired the XPS 400 (I think!), I decided to give Banshee a shot. Seems it would make a better organization, so why not? Well, it did not work, and then worse, it blocked my ability to sync music through gnomad. So I completely formatted the Clix, and now am using Amarok once again. If I can find how to transfer videos, I will be set!
---
Yes, you did read right--the XPS 400 is, what I think, finally fully functioning. For the past six months or so, I had an intermittent problem where after a random amount of time, it would shutdown. Sometimes when off it would click on and boot by itself as well. My first thought, after some lengthy calls with Dell was the motherboard and power supply, which I both replaced. No change. Tried some changes with the OS, but again, nothing. My last shot was a new I/O Panel and ribbon cable, which I replaced this weekend, and after having it on all day, it has yet to shut off. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

No comments: