28 November 2005

Sitting in the Pre-Conference

Ok. I made it to Greensboro for the NCECT Conference. I'm impressed with the conference center and hotel.

I'm sitting in my first pre-conference on Windows Movie Maker. Yes, I've made a movie already (the four star 'A Day in the Life of Lucy'), but I'm looking for some tips for classroom use, adding video to a webpage, etc. What has shocked me is the wealth of really good material out there for use. Sites like freeplaymusic.com and ibiblio.org (a site with free video clips) can really help students and teachers learn the process. It's nice to see some free resources, instead of hearing about copyright, copyright, copyright. I hope to see more of these sites!

Tomorrow I go to a podcasting workshop, where I'll get a free mp3 player. Thank goodness, mine is fairly limiting. I am actually listing to a podcast on blogging now. What a tech nerd I am.

No comments: