08 June 2008

Linux and Loving It

Recently upgraded to Ubuntu 8.04, Hardy Heron. Gotta love Linux and open source software. I also have been tinkering with Firefox 3, and LOVE it. The tagging feature for bookmarks makes so much sense to me. Same with the address bar with titles and URLs. Just a bunch of common sense goes into these apps. I also just finished configuring VirtualBox on this laptop and our desktop in the kitchen. Looking forward to using that for any Windows necessities that may pop up.
--
On a related note, my Dad brought down his computer and my Pap's computer for me to tinker with. I came so close to installing Ubuntu on both. I really think, for all the work my Pap uses his for (Internet and Soltaire), he could transition smoothly. We'll keep working on it. I did struggle with the lack of common sense in trying to complete simple tasks in XP. It just does not make sense. Yuck!

No comments: