23 June 2008

Sheetz Goes Global!

Sheetz on YouTube
So many of you know my infatuation with Sheetz. After growing up with it up North, I was thrilled a few years ago to hear they were moving down to North Carolina. Now, we have about 20 or so Sheetz, stretching from Greenville, an hour and a half east to High Point, two hours to the west. Our local Sheetz is only four miles from our house. Great times!

Now, it seems like they want to further expand. They recently began offering 'Sheetz Bros.' premium coffees to rival Starbucks. While of similar quality, the cost is much cheaper. With this release, they also began a 'poem' contest, playing on the jazz coffee shop metaphor. And offering a cool $5 grand. Well, the other evening, while surfing around, I found a Sheetz ad in the unlikeliest of places. First--do not judge me for the video I watched on YouTube in the image attached to this post. Yes, it is New Kids on the Block, but I heard they had a new song (yuck!), and wanted to hear it. While my ears burned, I noticed the ad. I usually just tune out any advertisements, but since I did not want to watch the NKoTB video, I gazed at the ad--and it was the Sheetz ad for the contest. So in a way, I owe New Kids for noticing Sheetz advertising globally. Pretty neat!!

No comments: